These Christmas Tree Cupcakes only require a few ingredients and will make your Christmas party guest smile with Christmas cheer.
Cupcakes are extremely popular among kids, all year round. Jazz things up by baking special Christmas cupcakes, adorned with green frosting and sprinkles.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Messy Momma Crafts will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Christmas is my favorite holiday, which explains the November Christmas cupcakes. I’ve been walking around Hobby Lobby and Home Goods in excitement for the upcoming holiday. Don’t get me wrong, I love turkey and stuffing but there’s something about Christmas lights, cookies, gifts and the birth of Jesus that makes me smile. This is why I love sharing Christmas-themed ideas and recipes.
How to Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Keep reading to find how you can turn an ordinary batch of vanilla cupcakes into fun, festive Christmas tree cupcakes!
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Cake mix (calls for oil, eggs and water)
- Vanilla frosting
- Green gel food coloring
- Candy cane sprinkles
- Nonpareil sprinkles
- Star sprinkles
Christmas Tree Cupcakes Step-By-Step Pictures
Assemble your ingredients
Frost the cupcakes
Add the nonpareil sprinkles
Add a star sprinkle to each cupcake
Top it off with candy cane sprinkles
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cupcake mix with oil, eggs and water as directed on the box.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 way with cake batter, bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cans of vanilla frosting with 9 drops of green gel food coloring and mix well.
- Place the star tip in the bottom of a large decorating bag, fill with frosting and twist the top of the bag closed.
- Use the bag of frosting to frost each cupcake by starting in the middle, working your way out and back in to make a Christmas tree top.
- Top with nonpareil sprinkles, candy cane sprinkles and a star sprinkle of the top.
Sign Up for our mailing list.
More Dessert Recipes:
If you enjoyed this Christmas Tree Cupcake recipe then you will love these dessert recipes:
- Under the Sea Rice Krispie Treats: These Under the Sea Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for the summer and only require three ingredients.
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies: Caramel Apple Rice Krispies are the perfect fall treat and they are super easy to make!
- 4th of July Brownies: These 4th of July Brownies look like an American flag and only require a few ingredients.