Homemade Lemonade is a summer staple! There is something about the sweet vs sour taste that everyone loves.
I love when I see kids set up lemonade booths at the end of their driveways while I drive around town. The smiles on their cute little faces when people stop to buy their love-infused lemonade is priceless.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Messy Momma Crafts will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience
I never realized how easy it is to make homemade lemonade until I made it this month. 3 ingredients and you’ve got yourself summer in a glass!
How Do You Make Homemade Lemonade?
Even if this has only 3 ingredients, it’s important that you follow the right method to get the perfect balance of sweet and salty. However, you can modify the ratio of sugar to lemon juice according to your preference.
What you need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Lemonade Pitcher
- Lemon Juicer
- Measuring Cups
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 ½ cups cold water
- Lemon slices (garnish)
- Wash the lemons, cut them in half and juice them into a measuring cup. Set the lemon juice aside.
- Add the water and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a simmer until the sugar has dissolved. This will make the simple syrup you'll need for the lemonade
- Remove the simple syrup from the stove, pour into a pitcher and place in the fridge to cool.
- Mix the lemon juice into the pitcher of simple syrup
- Add 1 cup cold water and 3-4 cups of ice until you've reached the perfect sweet vs sour lemonade.
This lemonade is the perfect way to quench your thirst on a hot summer day! Even my pups were quite interested but don’t worry I gave them water instead!
Sign Up for our mailing list.
More Dessert Recipes:
If you enjoyed making this lemonade, then you will love these recipes too: