These Patriotic Brownies are the perfect easy to pack 4th of July treat for a busy day out and about.
If you see a trend in my recipes, they are always easy. I love easy treats. Treats that’s I can easily put together and still have them turn out looking like they came out of a magazine. Okay that might be giving myself a little too much credit but you know what I mean.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Messy Momma Crafts will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
These patriotic 4th of July brownies are no different, stir up a brownie mix and bake them in the oven and that’s the hardest part.
How to Make Patriotic Brownies
Brownies are an easy take along treat too, you can store them in little containers and put them in a cooler until your ready for a treat. Beats spending extra money when you’re out all day.
What You Need:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Family size brownie mix (calls for oil, eggs and water)
- Vanilla frosting
- Red, white and blue nonpareil sprinkles
- Miniature M&Ms (optional)
Patriotic Brownies Step-By-Step Pictures:
Assemble your ingredients
Let your baked brownies cool and cut out star shapes
Fill a decorating bag with vanilla frosting and cut a small tip off the end of the bag.
Use the bag of frosting to draw an outline around the star brownies.
Once all your brownies are frosted, use the sprinkle shaker to coat the frosting in red, white and blue sprinkles.
Place your Patriotic Star Brownies in a covered pan until you are ready to eat them.
- 9×13″ baking pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Star cookie cutter
- Decorating bag
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13″ baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your brownie mix, eggs, oil and water and use a whisk to mix the batter well.
- Pour the brownie batter into your baking pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or as directed on the box.
- Let your brownies cool in the pan. Set our a piece of parchment paper and use the star cookie cutter to cut out as many star shapes as you can.
- Fill a decorating bag with vanilla frosting and cut a small tip off the end of the bag.
- Use the bag of frosting to draw an outline around the star brownies.
- Once all your brownies are frosted, use the sprinkle shaker to coat the frosting in red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Place your Patriotic Star Brownies in a covered pan until you are ready to eat them.
Sign Up for our mailing list.
More 4th of July Recipes
If you enjoyed this patriotic brownies recipe then you will love these 4th of July recipes: