Snowman Cupcakes are an Easy to Make Winter Treat, perfect for Christmas or a blistery winter day.
Christmas is almost here, our tree is decorated (partially because we have a new puppy who loves trees, ornaments and Christmas lights). I am finished Christmas shopping and Christmas cookies are baked. But I do need to do some cleaning, okay a lot of cleaning, laundry and cooking.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Messy Momma Crafts will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience
I always have cupcake mix in my pantry, usually a few boxes. It’s not that we eat cupcake a ton but when we have Christmas parties to host or attend, they come in handy for treats like these snowman cupcakes.
How To Make Snowman Cupcakes
Who said you need to bear the chilling cold to build a snowman with you kids? Keep reading to find the perfect recipe for an edible version of Frosty the Snowman 🙂
What you Need:
We’ve listed an overview of the stuff you will need before you start. Scroll down to the bottom of this post to find a printable recipe card.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- White cake mix + cake mix ingredients (you can also use your favorite cupcake recipe)
- Orange Starburst
- Small candy eyes
- Confectioners sugar
- Butter, softened to room temperature
- Vanilla extract
Cupcake Baking Questions
What if I don’t have store-bought cupcake mix?
We used cupcake mix in this recipe to make it beginner friendly and convenient. You are free to use your favorite cupcake recipes for the base. Make sure you follow a vanilla cupcake recipe to keep the snowman theme.
What should I do if I don’t like the taste of my cupcake mix?
You can try the following changes to upgrade the taste of the mix:
- Add an extra egg
- Substitute water with another liquid that contains fat and flavor
- Swap oil with melted butter/full-fat yoghurt
- Add extra vanilla extract to bump up the flavor
- Small paring knife
- Wilton 1M frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- Cupcake wrappers
- 12-count muffin tins
- 1 box white cake mix + cake mix ingredients you can also use your favorite cupcake recipe
- Orange Starburst
- 48 small candy eyes
- 3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milik
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the white cake mix according to package directions (or follow your favorite homemade recipe).
- Fill each muffin well about 1/2 full and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, combine the 3 cups of confectioners sugar, softened butter and vanilla. Add in the milk a little bit at a time until your frosting has reach your desired consistency.
- Attach the disposable piping bag to the frosting tip and fill with frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting from the piping bag in a circular motion on to the top of the cupcake.
- Use the small paring knife to cut a small triangle from an orange Starburst for the snowman’s nose.
- Give the snowman two eyes.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Sign Up for our mailing list.
More Christmas ideas and treats:
If you enjoyed this snowman cupcake recipe, you will love these Christmas DIY-ideas and recipes:
Christmas Tree Cupcakes: These Christmas Tree Cupcakes only require a few ingredients and will make your Christmas party guest smile with Christmas Cheer.
Chex Scotcheroo Bars: These Chex Scotcheroo Bars are made with peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate. They are sure to make your sweet tooth happy.
Plate Crate for Christmas: Are you looking for ideas for your baseball players? Plate Crate for Christmas is the way to go! A monthly subscription box filled with baseball gear.